Our most popular brand of windows, Jeld-Wen is a large and reputable firm.
24/7 Prices for Contractors !
Pre-approved contractors may download prices after hours on our web site. We have recently introduced a secure area of this website to help our valuable contractors.
The big news as far as our products are concerned, was
The commitment this year to sell the new brown
coloured Pressure Treated Lumber. Sales in this
product have exceeded expectations! It looks as
the days of green coloured Pressure Treated lumber
In 1960, JELD-WEN® was a small Oregon millwork plant with 15 employees. During those early days, the company established a culture based on inspired vision, thoughtful planning, and diligent craftsmanship. This culture has helped us become a well-respected company with over 150 divisions and more than 20,000 employees worldwide. By bringing the companies of Willmar Windows, United Windows, DF Windows and Millwork Distribution into the family, JELD-WEN has extended its corporate culture and philosophy to Canada.
In 1996, JELD-WEN acquired the first of the Canadian operations. It was at this time that JELD-WEN of Canada was founded.
In 2003, JELD-WEN consolidated its 27 brands under a single product identity, making it one of the largest manufacturers of windows and doors, with plants spread around the world. JELD-WEN has locations internationally in 22 countries. These operations include manufacturing facilities, distribution and design centres.
Jeldwen has a broad selection of windows and is a household name in Onario now.
Impact on the environment
When using high performance energy efficiency products you actually save on energy and money, but you also contribute in a positive way to the environment. Indeed, simple individual gestures of energy consumption have a major impact when done by millions of Canadians. By decreasing our energy consumption we also contribute to lower the use of natural resources and help to preserve our planet. Of course, improving conditions of our environment emerge of many factors, but starting by improving our residential products is an excellent step towards positive changes.
40 Years of Environmentally Responsible Practices and Products
Forty years ago, JELD-WEN® perfected a proprietary process for using wood waste to make moulded wood fiber interior door facings.
JELD-WEN continues to develop and implement measures that build upon its proud history as a leader in environmentally responsible practices and products. These measures allow us to:
- minimize waste;
- maximize efficient utilization of materials;
- lead by example in environmental stewardship;
- minimize our impact on environmental resources;
- provide customers with environmentally beneficial products.
Leadership in "Carbon Footprint" Reduction
Long before it was recognized that carbon emissions were having an impact on our climate, JELD-WEN set out to make sure that our products did not have to travel very far from factory to consumer. What began as a cost-saving measure in our transport operations is now a company-wide commitment to minimize greenhouse gas emissions and to reduce the amount of energy required to operate plants and offices throughout our world-wide operations.
Reducing Volatile Organic Compounds
The JELD-WEN proprietary AuraLast® process reduces Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions. AuraLast®, developed to combat wood rot and fungal infestation in wood doors and windows, is a water-based wood protection process, which results in a 96 per cent decrease of VOCs released during production (compared to the industry's conventional dip treatment process). AuraLast® wood windows and doors are the first to offer an industry-leading 20-year warranty against wood decay and termite infestation.
Responsible Forest Resources Management
JELD-WEN is committed to preserving the beauty, value and productivity of the forestland owned and managed by our company, and we encourage our worldwide suppliers to manage forests consistent with sustainable, renewable forest practices. We have planted nearly 3 million trees in the past two decades and timber harvests never exceed timber growth. We manage for species and size diversity and restock areas damaged by fire and other natural events.
Scientific Certification Systems (SCS)
JELD-WEN Moulded wood fiber interior doors and garage doors are Scientific Certification System (SCS) certified, which means that the door facings contain at least 51% recycled materials.
Green Building Initiative
JELD-WEN is a member of the Green Building Initiative (GBI), a non-profit organization that accelerates green building practices by promoting environmentally progressive approaches that are practical, affordable and accessible to mainstream builders, architects and developers.
Want to learn more? Visit the corporate website by clicking here.We also have a convenient in-store display. Orders take 2-3 weeks for delivery.We can also provide you with a computer generated, detailed quotation.
AuraLast: When reliability matters.
JELD-WEN introduces AuraLast wood, an innovative product in the Canadian window and door industry. We are so convinced of the durability of AuraLast wood that we back our product with a 20-year warranty on our solid pine windows and doors.
Comparative advantages of AuraLast wood.
- The beauty and warmth of wood without the worries.
- Guaranteed protection against wood decay, water saturation and termites.
- Fully protected products, from the surface right to the core.
- Industry-leading 20-year warranty.
A Revolutionary Process
Our special treatment provides in-depth protection against water saturation and wood decay. Enjoy the beauty of wood worry-free!
How does it work?
The treatment process for AuraLast wood (shown in purple) ensures near 100% penetration of protective agents, from the surface right to the core. As a result, nail or screw holes, sanding, or any other woodworking operation will not compromise the integrity of AuraLast wood.
In contrast, other manufacturers use dip-treated wood (shown in blue), which is protected on the surface only. This means the treatment’s effectiveness will be compromised when the surface is altered during installation.
The uncompromised beauty of natural wood
- Superior protection and resistance.
- May be painted or stained.
- Harmless for the environment.
- Industry-leading 20-year warranty.
Jeldwen also manufactures steel and fiberglass entry doors to compliment the window line. Also, matching patio and garden /terrace doors are available. Our sales specialists will provide you with the information and quotations that you need .
We often get asked about the energy star rating program. Jeldwen has Energy Star products. Here is a breif overview:
What is ENERGY STAR?
- ENERGY STAR is an international symbol of energy efficiency.
- The ENERGY STAR symbol helps consumers quickly and easily identify major appliances and other energy-using equipment that save energy. ENERGY STAR identifies products as the top high efficiency performer in their category.
- ENERGY STAR is a dynamic government/industry partnership that makes it easy for businesses and consumers to save money and protect the environment.
What is ENERGY STAR in Canada?
- ENERGY STAR in Canada is a voluntary arrangement between Natural Resources Canada's Office of Energy Efficiency and organizations that manufacture, sell or promote products that meet the ENERGY STAR levels of energy performance.
- ENERGY STAR in Canada is administered by Natural Resources Canada's (NRCan's) Office of Energy Efficiency (OEE)
- The ENERGY STAR symbol is on many products sold in Canada.
- The ENERGY STAR symbol, where applicable, is found on the EnerGuide label. While EnerGuide label provides buyers with the ability to shop and compare energy ratings, ENERGY STAR goes one step further and identifies products that meet prescribed higher levels of energy efficiency.
You may visit the Government Energy Star site and learn about the program.